Delphi is the nimble Object Pascal IDE and component library for cross-platform native application development you’ve come to expect. Write, compile, package and deploy enterprise-grade, cross-platform native applications with flexible cloud services and broad IoTLEFT BOX Delphi11 Blue connectivity from the first IDE with integrated Windows 10 Desktop Bridge packaging. Compile native applications for Linux and Windows servers and reach the widest audience with App Store support for Windows 10, macOS, iOS and Android – all from a single code base. Delphi delivers updated subscription customers, a new Linux compiler, and a host of community-voted feature requests and RTL improvements.
Delphi helps you:
Built to help you unleash the power of your dreams
DESIGN WITH DELPHI
Design Beautiful Desktop and Mobile App UIs with Delphi
- Use Delphi’s award-winning VCL framework for Windows and the FireMonkey (FMX) visual framework for cross-platform responsive UIs
- Enjoy the new high-DPI compatible IDE on 4k+ screens
- Use VCL Styles at design time! Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines and enhanced margin and padding support
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: design and edit code for the same form at the same time in multiple windows
- Rapidly design your master responsive UI layout once, then easily customize platform-and-device-specific views without duplicating design effort.
- Use the visual design menu to drag easily and drop visual and non-visual components from the palette.
- Connect user interface elements to data sources using the LiveBindings Designer
DEVELOP WITH DELPHI
Develop Faster and Smarter with Delphi
- Utilize the powerful, versatile and easy-to-learn Object Pascal language and customize the IDE to meet your coding style
- Use Code Insight™ for code completion via a modern Language Server Protocol based on your code, while libraries help you code quickly and accurately.
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you code
- Keep development agile with the VCL designer, Agile refactoring and Live Templates
- Integrate with version control systems, including Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Debug Faster with RAD Studio’s Integrated Native Debugging
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs
- Explore the entire call stack to trace the route the executing code took to reach its location
- Inspect the current value of variables while your program pauses during debugging
- Keep Code Insight code completion running while debugging
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to any iOS, Android, macOS, or Linux device and debug as if it were running locally.
- Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tooltips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy High-Performance Native Apps with Delphi
- Provision your apps for Windows 11 with integrated MSIX support! Be ready for Microsoft’s new release.
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the WebBrowser component
- Go from Ad Hoc to App Store fast. Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store, Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Compile for macOS (M-series Apple Silicon) and use the new universal package for AppStore submission. You can now compile for both existing Intel, and the new M-series macOS processors (Apple Silicon).
- Compile for Android API 30! Android API and Libraries updated – API 30, Google Play V3, Android X. Keep current with the latest requirements for Android as the platform evolves. – This includes the latest billing API
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Identify within each project the files to deploy based on the target platform (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux) and build configurations for Debug or Release.
- Easily deploy files directly to Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux from the Delphi IDE.
DELPHI CODE QUALITY
Improve the Quality of Your Code with Delphi
- Find coding errors automatically and solve them with Fast Error Insight
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils
- Use built-in refactoring to streamline, simplify and improve both the performance and readability of your application code
- Leverage well-tested and highly optimized cross-platform libraries to build better code fast
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the integrated DUnit and DUnitX frameworks
- Dive into your project without interrupting the application flow by adding live log-in with CodeSite Logging
- Use Visual Studio Code to edit the Delphi source with full code completion
- LSP awareness of Include files and auto-restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
Collaborate Better with Delphi Teamwork and Remote Desktop Features
- Use enhanced Remote Desktop support (for VCL and IDE) to collaborate remotely with your team
- Track and manage changes quickly using version control systems, including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories
- Easily navigate changes and history using the history tab in the code viewer with the built-in difference viewer
- Use RAD Studio command-line compilers ideal for quickly integrating into continuous build configurations using our support for MSBuild
Extend the Delphi IDE with Hundreds of Components
- Use GetIt Package Manager to rapidly improve the functionality of your applications by downloading and integrating new components.
- Extend the IDE with tools and components from Embarcadero Technology Partners
- Employ powerful integrated tools and components like Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, and CodeSight!
- Extend the IDE even further with add-ons and plugins from dozens of third parties and customize the IDE to work your way
What’s new in Delphi 11 Alexandria?
Quality-Focused Release With New Tools and IDE Enhancements, Improved Usability, Performance and Stability
RAD Studio 11.2 includes support for the iOS Simulator platform on macOS ARM 64 for the Delphi language, migrates the Delphi Linux debugger to the LLDB technology, and adds some significant new features to the RAD Studio IDE, including Markdown support and a popular customer request to indicate inactive code in the code editor visually.
New features in Delphi 11.2
DELPHI IOS SIMULATOR
RAD Studio 11.2 offers iOS Simulator support for the Delphi language, with the ability to generate iOS Simulator binaries for macOS devices running on ARM-64 (M1 or M2 CPUs). This enables developers to test their Delphi applications on different Apple devices and on multiple form factors using the iOS Simulator without the need to buy specific hardware.
SUPPORT FOR ANDROID API LEVEL 32
The IDE targets Android API Level 32 (up from API level 30 in 11.1), which Google Play will require in November 2022. The installer has also been updated to offer the Eclipse Temurin JDK 11, required by the latest Android SDK tools.
LLDB FOR DELPHI FOR LINUX
Delphi’s Linux toolchain previously used GDB for debugging. 11.2 switches to LLDB, which provides a strong quality improvement both in features and in Delphi language syntax support. LLDB has been upgraded to version 12 and adopted for the iOS Simulator, along with the existing use of LLDB for C++ Win64 and Delphi macOS, iOS, and Android 64 platforms.
RESTORING XSLT TRANSFORMS FOR HELP INSIGHT
Help Insight now uses a VCL-based HTML display control and generates the HTML by processing the XMLDoc data returned by the compiler with an XSL transformation, applying CSS styling for display. As in 10.3 and earlier versions, the XSLT and CSS files are customizable. This offers more readable details, in terms of formatting, and the ability for a user to change the content and layout.
INACTIVE CODE IN THE CODE EDITOR
It is common to have code conditionally compiled for specific platforms or other reasons. The Delphi code editor will now show code that is inactive – not compiled due to undefined macros – differently from code that is active and will be compiled. In case of complex IFDEFs, this feature allows you to immediately spot the active code for the current platform and build configuration.
C++BUILDER CODE INSIGHT
RAD Studio 11.2 includes all of the enhancements already delivered in the special 11.1.5 C++ Code Insight update. Along with significant cquery improvements, the release offers the ability to better customize the LSP behaviour under the Tools Options dialogue, with the ability to restart the server when opening a new project, index only files in the editor or index all files in the project group.
ENHANCED EDITOR TABS
RAD Studio 11.2 adds some new features to editor tabs, including the ability to show in different colours the tab for files of different types (regular source code, files opened while debugging, configuration files, and so on). Custom colours can be turned off, such as for visual clarity reasons.
GETIT PACKAGE MANAGER
GetIt now allows you to filter by language (Delphi or C++). The new filter allows you to list only Delphi packages or only C++Builder packages, and it’s active if you are using RAD Studio.
WELCOME PAGE IMPROVEMENTS
We have restored the “New in GetIt” section on the Welcome page and improved the behaviour of the checkbox “Close Welcome screen when opening a new project”: the Welcome page is now restored when all projects are closed.
…AND MUCH MORE!
The 11.2 release also introduces many tooling, IDE and library improvements, including inactive code highlighting in the code editor, improvements to the Delphi, VCL, FireMonkey and FireDAC libraries, enhanced editor tabs, the C++Builder Code Insight update, and improvements to the Welcome Page.
Watch the What’s New in Delphi, C++Builder, and RAD Studio 11.2 Alexandria video (YouTube).
NEW FEATURES IN VERSION 11.1
IMPROVED IDE AND USER EXPERIENCE
RAD Studio 11.1 builds on the milestone innovations introduced in version 11 Alexandria of RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder. The RAD Studio IDE is the primary focus of the 11.1 release, with the goal of further improving features introduced in recent versions.
RAD Studio 11.1 combines high-DPI support with improvements to remote desktop access for closer and more effective team collaboration. The high-DPI designers for VCL and FireMonkey and the styled VCL form designer have undergone improvements.
The GetIt Library Manager is enhanced with cached images and a reworked UI implementation. The Messages view now uses customized colours, while the new Welcome Page now offers background images and supports custom frames with a new Open Tools API.
According to Embarcadero Product Manager Marco Cantù, “The RAD Studio 11.1 release improves the performance and stability of the great features in 11.0, starting with the new High-DPI enabled IDE. On top of this, it delivers official support to operating systems released after 11.0 shipped: Windows 11, macOS 12 Monterey, iOS 15, and Android 12!”
IMPROVED CODE INSIGHT
Code Insight for both languages, Delphi and C++, is now improved. The C++ implementation has improved significantly in quality and performance, while the Delphi LSP engine is also between 5 times and 30 times faster. Furthermore, when completing a declaration, type parameters are now visible.
MORE POWERFUL COMPILERS AND DEBUGGERS
The stability and performance of Delphi and C++ compilers are improved. The Delphi macOS 64-bit ARM and Android 64-bit debuggers are now based on the LLDB debugger architecture, as already used for the Delphi iOS 64-bit debugger. As a result, Delphi debuggers for supported platforms are unified on this technology as part of the continuous commitment to quality improvement.
Embarcadero Chief Developer Advocate and Engineer Jim McKeeth say he is “the kind of person who gets excited about new features and big changes, but I also understand that the biggest impact in my daily productivity comes from quality improvements and performance enhancements. RAD Studio 11.1 takes all the new and exciting features of my favourite development tools and adds the quality and performance that makes each day I use it a little better than the one before”.
RICHER RTL, UI AND DATABASE LIBRARIES
Optimizations and quality improvements have been introduced to the core Delphi RTL in the 11.1 Release. There is also a new TURLStream class, a TStream descendant with support for async operations. Support for Windows 11 and Server 2022 in the TOSVersion data structure. FireMonkey has added quality improvements to TListView, along with improved Android SDK integration, TWebBrowser, Windows HighDPI-related issues, and performance. FireDAC has added Structure View integration and offers support for MariaDB 10.6, SQLite Encryption Extension (SEE), and new data types for Firebird 4. RAD Studio 11.1 also improves DataSnap quality and adds the ability to deploy a WebBroker application on Android.
SUPERIOR INTEGRATION WITH AWS AND PYTHON
Since the 11 Alexandria release, Enterprise and Architect customers have gotten a preview of the new AWS SDK for Delphi (licensed from Appercept). Embarcadero also extends the reach of their Delphi UI libraries to Python developers with new free libraries and also improves the integration of Python libraries in RAD Studio applications.
With all these improvements to a landmark core release, Embarcadero General Manager Kyle Wheeler says the company is “excited to bring this release to market as a continuing focus on quality improvements that build on the major work done for version 11. 2022 is shaping up to be another great year for Embarcadero and RAD Studio and our amazing community”.
NEW FEATURES RAD STUDIO 11 ALEXANDRIA
- RAD Studio 11 adds high-DPI support to the IDE: This improves daily developer activities with full support for the latest 4k+ monitors, with cleaner, sharper fonts and icons, and high-resolution support throughout the IDE windows, including in the VCL and FMX form designers and code editor. You can now design your forms directly at multiple scales and in high resolution.
- VCL Styles add design-time support: Prototype stylish UIs even faster by seeing immediately at design-time how your styled forms and controls will look when running.
- Multi-monitor and multi-window improvements: you can design and edit code for the same form simultaneously in multiple windows, including ‘pulling’ the form designer from one window to another. This allows you to mimic the benefits of the old floating form designer in the modern IDE layout, including across multiple screens.
- Welcome Page: Completely rebuilt with the VCL (removing browser dependencies), the new page has a native look and feel and a UI that fits the IDE, plus it is easy for you to customize in layout and content.
- C++ Code Formatter: Automate the layout of your C++ code using clang format.
- Numerous Code Insight (DelphiLSP) improvements based on developer community feedback and requests.
- Remote Desktop: Improved remote desktop support (for VCL and IDE).
- FireMonkey design-time guidelines: Prototype faster with visual lines for moving and aligning controls (similar to the VCL), with enhanced margin and padding support.
Many VCL components updated to new features in the Windows API:
- Rich Edit component updated: A new implementation removes XP dependencies and brings additional features into the TRichEdit control, including URL detection, spell-checking, background colour and transparency.
- TreeView CheckBoxes: Support for CheckBoxes in TreeViews added, with each node supporting three states (Partial, Dimmed, Exclusion) to help customise the UI
- New TLabelDBEdit component offering a data-aware version of the TLabelEdit for faster prototyping.
- Large collection of minor VCL improvements, including default form size and font, exception dialogue copy button, Toolbar improvements, margins on Memo and RichEdit, Optional Group box frames and many more.
KEY FIREMONKEY PLATFORM ENHANCEMENTS
- Improved FMX High-DPI support for Windows and Desktop applications with a visibly superior desktop UI, driven by an updated scaling engine that has been moved from physical to logical coordinates.
- Support for Microsoft’s WebView 2 control (Edge Chromium) in the web browser component.
- RAD Studio 11 supports the latest Android 30 API and latest Billing APIs and also migrates to use the AndroidX libraries.
- Android support for multiple classes.dex files, simplifying the integration of external Android dependencies.
TARGET PLATFORMS AND COMPILERS
- macOS 64bit ARM compiler and toolchain that includes building universal binaries for Intel/ARM AppStore submissions.
- Delphi language support for binary decimals and digits separator.
- C++ toolchain improvements include overhauled Delphi-style RTTI for C++ types (allowing using components built with Clang in the IDE), including using typeid() on Delphi-style types; improved C++-style RTTI for Delphi types; CMake quality improvements, and greatly improved exception handling on both Win32 and Win64.
KEY RUN-TIME LIBRARY ENHANCEMENTS AND MORE
- RTL Quality focus: TZipFile, 64bit improvements for large data structures, Bluetooth LE
- Record Helper for TDateTime in System.DateUtils. Makes common date and time tasks faster to code and code cleaner to read. Examples include getting the first date of the Month or Year or converting to a Unix date format, checking AM/PM, finding out if it’s in a Leap Year, etc.
- Record Helper for TCurrency in System.SysUtils makes working with Currency simpler and easier.
- C++ RTL improvements focusing on Delphi interop include using make_shared<> and make_unique<> with Delphi classes; string_view support for Delphi strings; easy Delphi/C++ string conversion, including being able to directly assign a Delphi string to a C++ string and vice versa; and Delphi core data type (such as TDateTime, Variant, etc.) conversion to and from C++ strings using to_string() and from_string().
ENHANCED DELPHI CODE INSIGHT WITH LSP
- LSP awareness of Include (.inc) files used in a .pas file
- An auto restart of LSP server
- Auto code completion with Tab key
- Class helper support
- Array suggestions when assigning arrays
- Use of Visual Studio Code to edit Delphi source with full code completion, thanks to LSP support as part of your license.
- FireDAC in the new release, offers specific improvements for the PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Firebird databases.
- The HTTP and REST client libraries have been extended with timeout mechanisms, and support for HTTP/2, TLS 1.3, Base64 URL Encoding.
- A new component, TRESTRequestDataSetAdapter, simplifies uploading datasets to RAD Server.
- A new low-traffic RAD Server Lite allows unlimited deployment of your multi-tier solutions alongside the fully scalable RAD Server engine.
- For DataSnap, the REST URL mapping logic is now fully configurable.
This release includes specific fixes for over 650 issues reported by customers on Quality Portal (QP), plus over 110 new features requested by customers on the same portal (Notice that QP synchronization is not immediate)
Product trials for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 11 are now available, and the updated product builds are live in the online store. Customers on Update Subscription can download and install RAD Studio 11 today using their existing license and will receive an email announcing the new release availability. Downloads are available for download in the new customers portal at my.embarcadero.com.
Delphi 11 Alexandria
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Operating System Requirements
- Windows 10
You can also install RAD Studio on a virtual machine running one of the supported versions of Windows in a non-Windows environment (e.g., macOS). To develop FireMonkey projects, your virtualization software must provide direct access to the host GPU.
Requirements for Supported Target Platforms
64-bit Windows – PCs and tablets with Intel/AMD processors running any of the following versions of Windows
- Windows 7 (SP1+)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- A 64-bit 32-bit PC.
OS X – An Intel-based Mac with more than 2 GiB of RAM running any of the following versions of macOS:
- OS X 10.15 Catalina
- OS X 11 Big Sur
iOS – An iOS device running any of the following versions of iOS:
- iOS 14
All requirements for macOS support
- Xcode, version 10.12 or later.
- Membership in the Apple Developer Program.
Android – An Android device that runs on Arch64 processors or ARMv7 processors with NEON support.
- A 64-bit version of Windows for development.
- Android phones and tablets running any of the following versions of Android:
- Oreo (8.1)
- Pie (9)
- Android (10)
- Android (11)
Linux (Delphi only) – 64-bit Linux running any of the following distributions:
- Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
- Ubuntu Server (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (version 8)
- Windows 10 computer with WSL2 (Windows Subsystem for Linux)
The JRE is installed automatically if you choose to install support for the Android target platform.
The Delphi installation includes some additional software. Delphi also allows you to install other additional software after the installation. For details about additional software, see Third Party Software Add-Ins.
Delphi License Options
See the Delphi full Feature Matrix for a more detailed comparison.
NEW – It is now possible to buy C++Builder Professional on annual basis. Contact Alfasoft for more info.
It is possible to buy support and maintenance with all Embarcadero products. Embarcadero support and help can be found at the following links:
- Embarcadero Support
- Embarcadero License, Download and Account Management Portal
- RAD Studio Installation Download links (PDF)
Alfsoft provides technical first-line support to all Embarcadero customers. Please describe your problem as detailed as possible when contacting our support. Remember to always inform about your product version and your operating system (both platform and version). You find instructions for support here (https://www.alfasoft.com/en/support.html).